McDermott partner Karen Gibbs joined Matthew Thompson, general partner at Enhanced Healthcare Partners, and Drew Walk, chief executive officer at Soleo Health, in an insightful discussion of what’s next for investment in the pharmacy space.
Access the PDF here.
- New therapies and the accompanying technologies to deliver them make pharmacy an appealing space for investment in 2021. In particular, organizations that can find ways to effectively manage escalating costs will be successful.
- The COVID-19 pandemic has highlighted the value and game-changing solutions that pharmacy can bring to the healthcare ecosystem at large. Pharmacy is an end point of care, and its extraordinary innovation is driving better patient outcomes.
- Regulatory scrutiny is always evolving in the pharmacy industry and should remain top-of-mind for any company considering an investment in the space.
- A transition to true and effective value-based care in the pharmacy sector will require significant collaborating between payers, providers, suppliers and manufacturers.
- COVID-19 has created headwinds in this sector because pharmacy is downstream from elective surgeries and other elective care. There is a backlog of care stemming from the pandemic, however, which presents an opportunity for accelerated growth in the pharmacy space moving forward.
- Innovations that help establish “arm-in-arm” relationships between physicians and pharmacists will help drive value in the healthcare industry.
To catch up on all of the sessions from the HPE Miami 2021 Conference, please click here.