McDermott Will & Emery continues to strengthen its position in Europe, securing an excellent set of results in the Chambers Europe rankings for 2019, which included 13 practice area rankings and a total of 25 individual lawyer recognitions across all of its offices.
Health care and life sciences-specific practice rankings include:
- Germany: Healthcare (Band 1)
- France: Pharma/Life Sciences (Band 3)
- Germany: Life Sciences (Band 4)
Health care and life sciences-specific individual rankings include:
- Dr. Stephan Rau (Germany), Healthcare (Band 1)
- Emmanuelle Trombe (France), Pharma/Life Sciences (Band 1)
- Dr. Rüdiger Herrmann (Germany), Life Sciences (Band )
- Jana Grieb (Germany), Health Care and Life Sciences (Band 4)
The announcement comes on the heels of an incredibly successful 2018, during which the Firm surpassed the $1 billion revenue mark for the first time in its 85-year history and delivered strong growth across Europe. McDermott doubled down on its commitment to exceptional client service with a number of key lateral hires and strategic growth in new markets and emerging industries.
McDermott received high praise across the board in Chambers Europe, with commentators stating that the Firm “[has] outstanding, profound knowledge of the law” with a “very commercial and solution-oriented” approach. The guide goes on describe McDermott’s lawyers as “highly responsive and insightful,” adding “the depth and breadth of the team is impressive and [they] consistently deliver the highest quality results.”