Today’s global healthcare marketplace is marked by unprecedented transformation. This presents both challenges and opportunity to today’s market participants. We know how important it is to structure cross-border investments and transactions to account for complex and ever-shifting regulations.
Within this dynamic environment, McDermott’s health lawyers wield a deep knowledge of how healthcare services, medical technology and pharmaceuticals are delivered around the world, and how the laws that affect those entities and that help drive action are creating the market of tomorrow.
We’re passionate about our role in shaping the alliances that will lead to next-generation digital health technologies, new pharmaceuticals and superior healthcare delivery.
If you’re doing something that’s never been done before, or looking to do something better than it’s ever been done before, we’re here to help. Together, we’re pushing boundaries and knocking down barriers to usher in a new age of healthcare.
Bringing this experience and commercial focus together we are proud to present the International Guide to Investing in Healthcare and Life Sciences.
For each jurisdiction you’ll discover:
- The impact of COVID-19 on the provision of healthcare and life sciences
- Ownership or equivalent restrictions in relation to the provision of healthcare services
- Reimbursement of public or national healthcare services and award of contracts
- Drug approvals and reimbursement
- Devices certiﬁcation and reimbursement
- Regulation of AI and software as a medical device
- Telemedicine and teleconsultation
- Anti-kickback rules and incentives to doctors
- Merger and foreign investment control
- Forthcoming and anticipated changes in healthcare and life [...]